Aren’t baked apples just wonderful? 🙂 I don’t know what it is about them, but the taste always makes me think of Christmas. For the filling, one of my favourite flavour combinations has got to be cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans. Mixed in some raspberries, dried plums, and cocoa butter, and used a bit of maple syrup for sweetness ( you can also use raw sugar ). They came out beautifully.❤ Here are the step-by-step instructions for these baked apples:
- 4 apples
- 100g rolled oats
- 70g raspberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 15g cocoa butter
- 15g pecans or brazil nuts
- 2 dried plums
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Wash the apples, and scoop out the flesh. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the cocoa butter, spices, nuts, plums, and oats. When crumbly, mix in the raspberries, apple flesh, and maple syrup.
- Fill the apples with the filling, and put the apple tops back on.
- Stick in the oven, and bake for 35-45 minutes until soft.
- Enjoy warm.
- These baked apples are even better with a side of banana ice cream.