The weather in Barcelona has been awful lately…when you get used to the sun, rainy weather can really bring you down. I really needed a little pick-me-up. That’s where these yummy baked doughnuts with blueberry jam glaze come in (I know, very naughty)!
I´m sure you’ve noticed by now, I’m not a very healthy vegan. There are moments where I think “Hmm, I really should start eating better.”, but the feeling passes just as quickly as it comes. The reality is, I like food too much. I enjoy eating sweet, salty, spicy…whatever, as long as it’s vegan, I’ll try it! It’s true that a lot of stuff is not great for your body, like sugar. The trick is not to overdo it, and whenever possible, homemade is always better than store bought. That way you can control the ingredients, and go for healthier alternatives, like using unprocessed sugar instead of white sugar, or gluten free flour instead of regular white flour.
This recipe can be made with fresh or dry fruit. You can be as flexible as you like! I went out looking for fresh blueberries but for some strange reason they didn’t have them at the local market. So I changed my mind and used dry cranberries and raisins instead. Same goes for the glaze. I used blueberry jam but if you prefer raspberry or strawberry, go for it!
Let’s get baking!
(Makes 6 donuts)
1. Preheat the oven at 170° C.
2. Mix all the doughnut ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Fill your doughnut baking pan with the donut mix. Each hole should be filled about 2/3 of the way.
4. Stick your donuts in the oven and let them bake for 20 -25 mins.
5. Once your donuts are ready, wait 5 mins. before removing them from the pan. Let them rest for 30 mins. before putting on the glaze.
6. Mix all the glaze ingredients together, and drizzle over the doughnuts using a spoon.