BEST. SNACK. EVER. 🙂 Good luck trying to stop eating these caramelized puffed quinoa slices! They are super addictive, and incredibly easy to whip up. I personally love the crunchiness, and the combination of sweet and salty. I do have to mention that despite the saltiness factor, they are still relatively sweet, so definitely not a good snack for diabetics. To make these slices, you’ll need some puffed quinoa, salted mini pretzels, vegan butter ( or coconut butter ), rice syrup, peanuts, and some vanilla & cinnamon for a touch of extra flavour. I used a bread pan to get it into a rectangular “loaf-like” shape. Here’s how you make this snack:
- 60g puffed quinoa
- 110g pretzels
- 30g vegan butter
- 100ml rice syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 65g peanuts
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Chop the pretzels roughly, and put them aside in a bowl together with the puffed quinoa.
- Melt the butter in a pot over low heat. Add the syrup, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Remove off the heat, and add the baking soda. You will see that the mixture will start to bubble and thicken. Fold in the peanuts, and add the cinnamon and the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the quinoa and pretzels, and stir until well coated.
- Press the quinoa pretzel mixture in a loaf mold, and leave in the fridge to set for. 2-3 hours. When ready, you can store at room temperature.