It’s chocolate goodness time! Ready to make some yummy chocolate peanut butter cups? 🙂So as a kid, I used to be hooked on Reese cups. After I decided to adopt a vegan diet, I kept praying and hoping that one day the lovely folks over at Hershey’s would start making yummy vegan treats. But that day never came 🙁 And what I’ve also come to realise overtime, is that a lot of pre-packaged snacks and chocolates are not good for you. Sometimes, something that should be as simple as chocolate turns out to have a gazillion ingredients, many of which I don’t even recognise! I’m still working on reducing the “fake meats” ( because let’s face it, they are not good for you! ), but as far as desserts go , if it’s not made in my kitchen, I don’t eat it. That simple. And with that in mind, here’s my own version of the famous Reese cups – they are vegan, and so much healthier than the original ones. I hope you enjoy them!
For this recipe I used Willie’s Cacao Venezuelan Black cooking chocolate, but you can use any dark chocolate you like. 🙂
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter ( can also be replaced with almond butter )
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie. Add the lucuma powder, and the maple syrup. You can add more or less maples syrup depending on how bitter you like your chocolate.
- Line a tray with cupcake liners.
- Pour one spoon of chocolate in each cup, and place the tray in the freezer.
- In the meantime, mix the peanut butter, the maple syrup and the salt.
- Take the tray out of the freezer. Distribute the peanut butter mix evenly between the three cups, and top off with more chocolate. You can sprinkle some crushed nuts over them, or some dry frozen berries.
- Stick in the freezer. Remove from the freezer once the chocolate has set.