Biscut pockets with a sweet center, for when you want to give yourself a little treat. They have a yummy jam-like filling made with madjool dates, dried cranberries, cinnamon and just a bit chocolate. Dusted with powdered sugar…must I say more? 🙂 The date paste is relatively sweet, so I recommend you don’t use a lot of sugar when making the “biscuit dough”. Instead, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top before serving. For the dough, I tried making it both with sunflower oil as well as olive oil. Both options work.
Here’s how you make these date & cranberry filled biscuit pockets:
- 250g all purpose flour
- 125g vegan margarine or butter
- 7g baking powder
- 40g sugar
- pinch salt
- 30 ml sunflower oil ( works with olive oil too )
- 1-2 tbsp water ( if crumbly )
- 150g dates
- 70g cranberries
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 30g chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- In a food processor, process the ingredients for the date mix until well combined. You’ll end up with a sticky dough when ready. Set aside.
- Also in a food processor, throw in all the ingredients for the biscuit dough, and knead until you end up with a dough.
- With a rolling pin, spread out the dough. Use a glass to cut the dough into circular shapes.
- Fill each pieces of dough with some date filling and seal shut.
- Stick in the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until baked through but not hard.
- Set aside to cool. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.