You can most definitely eat raw chocolate bars on their own ( it’s actually my area of expertise! ) but if you want something a little more “fancy looking” for a tea party without spending hours in front of the stove, these ginger chocolate tablets will come in handy. 🙂 This recipe is super easy to execute. You just need a bar of raw vegan chocolate ( I used the Dark Dairy Free Raw Chocolate Block by MULU ), a sweetener of your choice ( I like to use maple syrup or coconut nectar, but you can even skip this altogether if you like bitter chocolate ), and some candied ginger. You can also add other toppings like dry frozen berries, coconut, seeds and nuts, cacao nibs…the list goes on! Last but not least, you’ll also need a tray or mold of sorts – for these tablets I used a whoopie pie tray.
Here’s how you make them:
- 150g raw chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2-3 small pieces of candied ginger (finely cut)
- Macadamia nuts
- Cacao nibs
- Dry-frozen raspberries
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, stir in the coconut nectar, and pour into the tray ( with 150g of chocolate you can make 4 relatively large tablets ).
- While the chocolate is still soft, top off with small pieces of candied ginger. Sprinkle on top any other toppings you’re using.
- Place tray in the fridge to set.
- Tip: You can use a food processor to process the nuts, and the berries to make them really fine.
If you want to try using MULU chocolate in your baking, you can find out more about them here.