I’ve been experimenting more and more with gluten-free flours, and am super happy with the outcome lately. One of my favourite combos for cakes and cupcakes has got to be millet & buckwheat. Rice & buckwheat also works pretty great. 🙂
Made these gluten-free blueberry cupcakes the other day, they are perfect with some chocolate frosting ( and some tea! ). If you’re not a fan of super sugary treats, leave out the frosting & add a bit more coconut sugar to the dough mix. I used fresh blueberries for this recipe, but you can also use frozen or dehydrated ones. I hope you like them!
- 125g millet flour
- 125g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100g raw cane sugar
- 100g fresh blueberries ( or frozen )
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinagre
- 125g apple sauce ( equivalent of 2 eggs )
- 200 ml almond milk
- 80g cocoa powder
- 15g icing sugar
- 30g rolled oats
- 60g vegan butter
- Pecans or other nuts for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix all the dry cupcake ingredients in a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients, and add to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in a paper-lined cupcake tin, and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool.
- In a food processor, mix all the frosting ingredients together until creamy.
- Put the frosting on the cupcakes once they have cooled completely.
- Top off with nuts if using.