Vegan friends, you WILL want to read this post because what I have to say is awesome – that’s right, even more awesome than usual! As some of you know, I’ve recently signed up to study nutrition at the Academy of Culinary Nutrition so that I can learn everything there is to learn about health and nutrition, and also to get certified. Only two weeks went by since I started the program, and I feel like I’ve already learned so much, including how to make BBQ sauce, chilli powder, and plant-based milk!
Today I want to share a lovely recipe I learned & pimped up – homemade almond milk! 🙂 All you really need is a blender, and a milk bag. Then you can sweeten it up if you like with dates, or coconut sugar, or rice syrup…even add some spices like cinnamon.
This milk will last about three days in the fridge. You can also freeze it if you like. Milky ice cubes are a great way to turn your morning coffee into a delicious vegan latte.
- 140g almonds
- 800 ml water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 – 3 dates
- Soak the almonds in water for 3 -4 hours.
- Put the almonds in a blender together with the water, and blend until smooth.
- With the help of a milk bag, separate the pulp from the liquid.
- Put the liquid back in the blender, and add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Store in the fridge for up to three days or freeze.