Starting this week with a Meatless Monday recipe! I recently found out that when it comes to soy products, tempeh is a lot healthier than tofu. It’s less processed, and contains a higher percentage of fiber and protein than tofu. I personally love it, especially lightly fried in the pan served with some salad, or in sandwiches. I will say that tofu is a safer bet when it comes to always getting the same (or very similar) taste no matter which brand you purchase. Unfortunately, that hasn’t been my experience with tempeh. I’ve tried some varieties that were nothing short of nasty, especially the smell. :p But enough about that, I don’t want to put you off this recipe. The trick is to find a brand you love, and once you do, you’re not going to want to let a week go by without getting your tempeh fix!Aside from tempeh, I also used some sun-dried tomatoes and chickpeas to make these patties. They are very filling on their own so I wouldn’t serve them with bread, but they pair up very well with a side of cucumber salad. 🙂
Happy Meatless Monday, enjoy the patties!
- 75g tempeh
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chickpeas ( cooked )
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 35g breadcrumbs mixed with oregano
- 1 egg replacer
- Add the tempeh, sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins, and egg replacer in a food processor., and process until smooth.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs with the oregano.
- Shape into patties ( use about 1 tbsp of the mixture at a time ).
- Fry in a pan with a bit of oil until golden on each side.