I love these no-bake pistachio & chocolate cups because they are the perfect combination of sweet, bitter, nutty and slightly salty. Plus they are super easy to make. No oven needed, and you can really be as creative as you want. ❤ 🙂These treats have three layers of goodness. The base is made of pistachios, dates, and just a bit of water. If you’re not a fan of pistachios you can easily replace them with other nuts, like pecans or hazelnuts.At the centre they’ve got a gooey raspberry almond butter cream with just a touch of sea salt, and THEN on top a scrumptious layer of dark chocolate ( for this recipe I used the Plain Jane 70% cacao chocolate bars by Conscious Chocolate ). Sprinkled them with some dehydrated apples & raspberry bits too – super yummy!
Here’s how you make them:
- 100g pistachios
- 100g dates
- 2 tbsp water ( add only if not sticky enough )
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dry frozen raspberries
- 100g dark chocolate ( I used two 70% cacao Conscious Chocolate bars )
- Dehydrated apple slices
- Dehydrated raspberries
- Stick the base ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth and sticky.
- Grab a muffin tray, and grease the holes lightly with coconut oil. Add a strip of parchment paper in each hole before assembling the dessert. This way, you’ll be able to take the cups out of the tray with ease.
- Fill four muffin holes with a layer of pistachio dough. Stick in the freezer while preparing the almond butter cream.
- Mix all the almond butter cream ingredients until well combined. Take out the tray from the freezer, and top off the pistachio dough with the almond butter cream. Stick tray back in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, and pour evenly over each of the 4 cups. Sprinkle with dehydrated fruit crumbs if using.
- Leave the cups in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
P.S. If you want to try the Conscious Chocolate bars, you can find out more about them here.