We all know that orange and chocolate are favour buddies, but I recently discovered that cranberry fits pretty well in the mix too! Made these mini cakes with orange zest and juice, chocolate chips, and on top added some cranberry icing. The result was just divine! 🙂 You can easily use this batter mix to make muffins or a larger cake too ( you’ll probably have to change the baking time if you do, especially if you wish to make a cake you might need to leave it baking for an extra 10-15 minutes or so depending on your oven ).
Let’s get dessert making!
- 150g all purpose flour
- juice and zest from a large orange
- 120g raw sugar
- 70ml sunflower oil ( you can use coconut oil too )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30g coconut flour
- 60g crushed walnuts
- 50g chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp cranberry powder
- 100g vegan butter
- 100g oats
- 100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the mix and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter in molds and bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- In a food processor, process all the icing ingredients until a paste forms.
- When the cakes have cooled, decorate with icing.