Mushroom time! These oven-baked stuffed mushrooms are a variation of my spinach quiche. They are also full of spinachy goodness, silken tofu, and ❤. I’ve also sneaked in there some sun dried tomatoes, onion, and walnuts. It’s a super earthy dish, full of Mediterranean flavor. As I’m sure you know, mushrooms shrink when you cook them, so I really recommend you get your hands on some really large mushrooms, like Portobello. That way you can get A LOT of stuffing in them, and make them nice and juicy. 🙂
Enjoy them as finger food, or with salad. For some extra flavor, sprinkle with vegan Parmesan cheese ( my favorite ), or ground cashews.
- 100g baby spinach
- 16 big mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 sun dried tomatoes
- 250g silken tofu
- 50g walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Clean the mushrooms, remove the stems, and place them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Chop the garlic, the oinion, and the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Throw the tofu, walnuts, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and spinach in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Salt to taste. Fill each mushroom with the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.