These pineapple cinnamon tea cookies are a favourite of mine. They are a real crowd pleaser and you don’t even need a lot of ingredients to make them. This recipe is great because it can easily be used to make cakes, muffins or even cake pops.
WARNING: Lots of sugary goodness ahead! 🙂
To make about 9 cookies, you’ll need:
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
2. Cut the pineapple into small pieces. In a bowl, mix together the agave syrup, pineapple and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, prepare the cake batter using the flour, butter, coconut, sugar, baking powder and egg substitute. Before adding the egg replacer, double check the instructions on the box. I use Orgran – No Egg. If you wish , you can also throw in some macha powder for some extra flavour.
4. Grab your tray or silicone mold. Fill each hole with cake batter, and top off with pineapple bits. Make sure each hole is not filled to the brim as the batter will rise during baking.
5. Bake in oven for approx. 25 minutes.
6. When ready, set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving (optional).