Spices for your veggie dishes & desserts! Am sure many of you have come across subscription boxes before. Well, RawSpiceBar, a California based company, specialises in bringing exciting new spice blends into your kitchen.
The concept behind their site is pretty interesting. If you subscribe to their monthly flavour kits, you get 3 freshly ground, recipe-ready flavour packs, delivered directly to your home. Every kit comes with recipe cards, useful information, and tips. As far as price goes, at $7/$8 a month, I’d say these packs are pretty affordable if you’re looking to get creative with your cooking 🙂
And just to give you an idea of the kind of mixes you can expect, here are some of the ones I received & tried so far:
- “Shiitake Burger Bomb” : shiitake mushrooms, black peppercorns, onion, garlic, chives, and all spice.
- “Jamaican Jerk Rub” : thyme, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, black peppercorns, onion, garlic, cayenne chiles, Habanero chiles.
- “Schichimi Togarashi”: black peppercorns, red chile flakes, garlic, ginger, kelp, white poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, orange zest.
- “Smoky Memphis Rub”: toasted yellow mustard seeds, smoky paprika, onion, garlic, black peppercorns, celery seeds, thyme, oregano.
- “Bird’s Eye Berbere”: bird’s eye chiles, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, coriander, ginger, green cardamom, fenugreek, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, star anise.
- “Grains of Paradise Apple Pie”: cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, green cardamom, star anise, grains of paradise, rosemary.
All the spice mixes I sampled are well balanced and packed with flavour. I also noticed that they keep well in the little resealable sachets they come in. All the varieties are unique in their own way; out of the ones I tried so far, I’d say the Shiitake Burger Bomb ( perfect for seasoning patties ) and the Smoky Memphis Rub ( it has a very strong celery paprika fragrance which I love ) are my top choices.❤
To find out more about RawSpiceBar & their Monthly Flavor Kits, check out their site here.