This spelt mini pizza recipe is ideal for those of you who like to make your pizza dough from scratch. It’s super simple to whip up! To make the dough you only really need spelt flour, nut mylk, some olive oil, and some dry yeast. As a sauce for the pizza base I used some of my cashew garlic cream cheeze, but if you prefer, a classic tomato basil sauce does the trick too. And then comes the fun part! Use your favourite toppings to turn these mini pizzas into your dream lunch or dinner. In this recipe I used red onion & tomato slices, topped off with oregano and some sea salt. And just before serving, I drizzled some more cashew cream cheeze on top. Yum! 🙂
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- 250g spelt flour
- 1/2 pack dry yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 120 ml soy mylk or other nut mylk
- 1 red onion cut into thin slices
- 2 large tomatoes cut into thin slices
- Sea Salt
- See my other recipe; link in post
- Mix all the ingredients for the pizza base together, and knead until a dough forms. Cover it with a cloth and set aside to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, and get your toppings ready.
- Split the dough into 4 smaller dough balls. Use a rolling pin to flatten and shape into round pizza bases.
- Top off with garlic cream cheeze or tomato sauce, add your toppings, sprinkle with oregano and sea salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Right before serving, drizzle on top some cream cheeze (if using).