That’s right ladies and gets, you’re looking at a vegan sandwich cake! I saw this idea some months ago in a magazine & I thought it was just genius! But like all things postponed for later, one day it slipped my mind, and it wasn’t until this weekend that I actually rolled up my sleeves and got sandwich making. 🙂 To make this recipe, you’ll need a round loaf of bread. And then for the filling, whatever your heart desires! I made my sandwich cake cold, so it’s got some tofu, spinach, tomatoes, chucrut, sprouts, peppers, and avocado. Here’s how you make it:
- 1 round loaf of bread
- 1/2 block of tofu
- 1 tomato
- 1 jar roasted peppers
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50g vegan butter
- 1 avocado
- With the help of a food processor, make a paste out of the spinach, vegan butter, garlic, cumin, and salt.
- Cut the top of the bread off, and hollow it out.
- Spread the spinach paste on the bottom and the sides of the bread. Keep some paste for the top of the bread.
- Layer your ingredients one by one. I did one layer of pepper, then tofu, then avocado, tofu again, pepper again, sprouts and tomatoes.
- Spread some more spinach paste on the top of the bread, and put the lid back on! Wrap the bread in cling film, and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!